Sunday, January 25, 2009

our little town

well this happened last week and I didn't think it was noteworthy until now and a recent email from a friend who is traveling over seas... she told us about the poverty and sickness she had seen that was uncomprehendable. So it made it all the sweeter when I remembered what ashlin had said last week as we were driving into town from Roosevelt. Just as we topped to hill coming into town she let out a huge sigh and said, "Ya know Mom I just love Vernal". At the time there was no signifigance except yet another funny thing that Ashlin had said until I read the email from my friend and thought about how lucky we really are to be here not just in Vernal but the USA and that even though we are seeing some time of a little less we still have it pretty darn good. She was right there is alot to love about out town and the things that we enjoy. So what that we might have to be frugal with our money and go with out a few luzuries. We still live in the best place in the world...Thanks Ashlin for keeping it real, she is always my bright spot.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love Vernal too! You are right we are so very blessed!

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

So true. Would that email be from my mom? I can't imagine what she is seeing over there. I too love Vernal and the USA!