My thought for the day are as follows. As I finished my 8th load of laundry with a mere 3 more to go...and as I finally get to set down for the first time in weeks to fold the socks I long for the simpler days of my little kids... when my kids were little I knew who thier friends were, I knew where they were, Iknew where thier match to the sock was, I knew thier toys were safe and that if they got hurt I was only a room or two away to make them feel better. I knew that if I couldn't make them feel better a cookie would. I knew that a bath and some clorox wipes cleaned up most messes they made. I knew that they wanted me when they were sad and that a time out was devistating. I knew that in the night all I had to worry about was who was going to pee the bed and which one would sleep through then night and when one of them came into my room at 11:00 it was not because they were just getting home it was because they need thier mommy or daddy. All those days that I dreamed about when it would get easier,"it will be so much easier when they are bigger", it was an illusion those were the easy days. Now it is driving, girls, boys, dates, friends whose parent I don't know, all the joys of teen agers, puberty, and the list goes on. But as I folded the last of the 67(litterally, with 17 mis matched ones) pairs of socks that were there I fell in love again with being a mother and being in the moment, It is always easier to see the clouds and rain but I chose today to dance in the rain and relish every drop...so my house is not clean, so dinner won't be a hit (I made soup...no one around here likes soup) so ALL the laundry didn't get finished. I have the most awesome life, friends, family, kids and I like it even in its imperfectness...
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that! We all get so caught up in our own pity party sometimes, we need to all stop and dance in the rain. I know that times will only get harder as my kids get older. I love my messy house and screaming, fighting kids. This time will past so fast. Thanks for sharing.
Ok you totally gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. My kids are not big yet but I am in total agreance with you, how much easier to know exactly when and where! Thanks for sharing! I was starting to stress the mess I am in after our awesome 4th bday, but WHO CARES I am going to finish off the day celebrating with Lainey! Thanks Love ya Abby
OH AND PS GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!
I CRIED!! You big ninny! you made me cry... I'm sooo glad your such a good friend! And I'm sure I don't even know a fraction of what your capable of! but... I love your guts anyway!
Post a Comment