
I am one of the luckiest people in the world to still have one set of grandparents still alive at my age. My kids have been lucky to have grown a lot of thier life with them around and very healthy for most of it. However we are feeling the effects of thier age lately especially with my Grandpa being diagnosed with cancer and my Grandma with alot of different ailements. They have been there for everything and help me in so many ways, they have taught me so much like how to work hard, sew, quilt embrodery, crochet, cook, garden and so many other things, and Grandpa has always know how to do it the right way too. But most of all I have watched how they are there for each other and stuck through everything that has come thier way loosing childern, family conflicts, sicknesses, the years of struggling with money and just dealing with all kind of situations and still being there as the rock of our family together. We have alway known where to get a snack or meal and where to be able to kick back and relax or get a lecture. SO this year at our family Christmas party when I looked over and saw them holding hands it put it all into light for me that through it all that all they needed... eachother. They are the best example or true love. I want to be just like them when I grow up...
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Grandma & Grandpa Bowthorpe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww,that picture brought tears to my eyes. We are so lucky to have them.
That is a really neat picture. A treasure for sure
That is so sweet. What great role models for your family. I love the picture it makes my heart melt.
Post a Comment